Become a Member

Montclair Local is now a nonprofit charity. Your support can make us stronger. Click here to become a member.

s.o.f.i.a.

Community in brief: S.O.F.I.A. walk

The S.O.F.I.A. walk against domestic violence will take place on Sept. 8.
Brookdale

Montclair 150: Gardens connect to community

Montclair is full of wonderful gardens that are open to the public.
quirky

MONTCLAIR 150: Strange and Quirky Montclair

From unique traditions and history, to strange hauntings and discoveries, Montclair has some interesting lore. The following stories are just some of Montclair’s interesting history.
St Mark

Spotlight House of Worship: St. Mark’s welcomes Reverend Houseworth-Fields

By DEBORAH ANN TRIPOLDI tripoldi@montclairlocal.news The “Houses of Worship” series spotlights local religious organizations. General information about the church is below. If you have religion news...
secret brook

Lackawanna plaza hides a secret brook

Underneath much of Montclair runs a bubbling brook covered and culverted long ago to make way for sewers and development.

Montclair 150: A town on the move, since 1868

An overview of the story of Montclair, from historian Mike Farrelly.
lamb

Recipe of the Month: easy marinated lamb

Grilling is great in the summer, writes Steven DeSalvo.
captain

History and heritage: The old men, the sea and Montclair

By MIKE FARRELLY For Montclair Local“History & Heritage” is a series on Montclair history, written by representatives of the Montclair History Center and the Montclair...

Montclair Local Pet of the Week: Bogey

Bogey is a pup above par, just like his name. At only 1 and half years old, he’s wise and wonderful. He is wishing...
Operation Back Pack

Operation Backpack: Help others get ready for school

Operation Backpack is collecting school supplies for children in need this summer through August. The drive has a goal this year of 200 backpacks and...