Montclair Department of Community Services crews have collected storm-damaged items on most township streets.
They will continue collecting these items, along with regular bulk waste, according to the normal bulky waste collection schedule:
Crews will be in Section 1 on Wednesday, Sept. 15, collecting storm-damaged items and regular bulky waste. As each street is cleared, the date of collection and the street will be noted, and crews will not return to that street for any further collection of storm-damaged items.
Should additional time be required to cover all streets in Section 1, crews will return on Saturday, Sept. 18 to complete that section, again noting down the date and street where storm-damaged items were collected.
Department of Community Services crews will cover Section 2 on Wednesday, Sept, 22, following the same protocols set out for Section 1.
Once the special collections have been completed and all township streets have been covered, the department will resume normal bulky waste collection schedule and policies:
- Section 1 – bulky waste collected every first and third Wednesday
- Section 2 – bulky waste collected every second and fourth Wednesday
For normal bulky waste, residents are reminded to only place items on curb that on the acceptable item list.
Acceptable Items List:
- large wooden furniture
- chairs, sofas, and love seats
- fans: window size or ceiling fans
- refuse cans: metal or rigid plastic
- rugs: rolled or bundled: 1 roll = 1 bulky waste item
- linoleum: rolled: 1 roll = 1 bulky waste item
- construction & demolition debris: one (1) can, weighing no more than 75 lbs.
- metal window frames (glass removed): loose=1 item; tied in bundle of 3=1 item
- metal screens: loose = 1 item; tied in bundles of 3 = 1 item
- mattresses and box springs
- headboards and bed frames
- swimming pools (baby pools)
- commodes (toilets), cast iron sinks and bathtubs
- PVC or metal pipes: up to ten (10) feet in length
lawnmowers and snow blowers (free of gas and oil)
Unacceptable Items List:
- yard debris, including leaves, grass clippings, and tree branches or stumps
- concrete or asphalt, rocks or dirt
- regular household refuse
- recyclables: mixed paper, or commingled metal, glass and plastic.
- household appliances (“white goods”): call for collection appointment 973-509-5711.
Electronics and computer equipment may no longer be placed at the curb for collection. Electronics and computer equipment may be brought to the Recycling Drop-Off Center at 219 North Fullerton Ave. for recycling and disposal on Wednesdays and Fridays from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. and on Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.