Montclair Public Schools’ staff members were honored at the May 17 Board of Education meeting in recognition of being named New Jersey Department of Education’s Governor’s Educators of the Year. The individuals were selected by their schools for their educational innovation, student achievement and important services outside the classroom environment that lead to student success.
The 2021 Governor’s Educator of the Year recipients are:
- Patricia Asaro: Bradford, special education
- Jacqueline Brower: Buzz Aldrin, science
- Richard Burrell: Watchung, fifth grade
- Jessica Dehn: Charles H. Bullock, third grade
- Maritza De Jesus: Buzz Aldrin, educational services professional
- Rebecca Ferguson: Northeast, third grade
- Karja Longmore: Hillside, special education
- Patricia Lozito: Northeast, nurse
- Maria Martire: Nishuane, second grade
- Carissa Olivi: Edgemont, kindergarten
- Vincent Pelli: Glenfield, social studies
- Narhum Prasarn: Renaissance, world language (Latin)
Montclair is seeking to raise $230,000 from donors, members and grantors between Oct. 1 and Dec. 31 to put us on firm footing for 2022, and continue supporting the hard work of our journalists into the new year and beyond. Visit MontclairLocal.news/donations to see how we're doing and make your contribution.