Karen C. Lindholm, a former longtime resident of Montclair, died at her home in Savannah, Ga., on Oct. 12, 2020. She was 85.
Mrs. Lindholm was born Karen Dudley Cooper on Aug. 21, 1935, to Robert Ely Cooper Jr. and Catherine (Madorie) Cooper. She graduated from Marymount School in Tarrytown, N.Y., and attended Bradford Junior College in Haverhill, Mass.
She married William D. Baker in 1954; together they had five children and lived in Montclair from 1958 to 2005. After a divorce, she earned her B.S. in marketing from Montclair State College in 1978.
Mrs. Lindholm worked in New York City designing and managing sales incentive programs for Fortune 500 companies.
She was an active member of the Montclair Junior League, Montclair Garden Club, Montclair Art Museum and the Montclair State University Alumni Board.
She married Clifford F. Lindholm on Oct. 7, 1989. In 2005 they moved to Savannah.
She volunteered as a tutor and chairperson in the L.O.V.E. program, which serves underprivileged elementary and middle school students. She also generously gave her time to Al-Anon and was deeply committed to her church; in her last years Karen’s faith grew and gave her peace.
Mrs. Lindholm was determined, honest and kind. She deeply loved her children and always encouraged them to pursue their dreams. She will be greatly missed.
She is survived by her husband, Clifford; a sister, Penelope Hall (Robert); children Susan B. Cox (James), William D. Baker Jr. (Chris), Robert O. Baker, Michael D. Baker (Dawn) and Katherine B. White (Thomas); stepchildren Clifford F. Lindholm III (Mary Ann), Elizabeth L. Robertson (Jamie) and John T. Lindholm (Adrienne); 21 grandchildren and eight great-grandchildren.
In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her brother, Robert E. Cooper III, and sister, Diane C. Parker.
A virtual memorial service will be held on Saturday, Oct. 17, at 11 a.m. at St. Peter’s Episcopal Church, 3 West Ridge Road, Savannah, Ga. 31411. To view the service: saintpeterssav.org. In lieu of flowers, gifts may be made to St. Peter’s Episcopal Church.