The 2019 People’s Choice Awards sponsored by Jerseyarts.com were announced last Thursday, March 7. The ArtPride New Jersey Foundation, in partnership with the New Jersey State Council on the Arts, honored 19 groups, from 115 nominees. Nearly 14,000 people cast ballots, ArtPride wrote in a release. Montclair organizations won eight awards.
The 2019 Montclair JerseyArts.com winners are:
- Favorite Small Theatre: Luna Stage Company, West Orange (with a Montclair Artistic Director, Ari Laura Kreith)
- Favorite Art Gallery: Studio Montclair, Montclair
- Favorite Opera Company: Opera Theatre of Montclair, Montclair
- Favorite Music Festival: Montclair Jazz Festival, Montclair
- Favorite Film Festival: Montclair Film Festival, Montclair
- Favorite Adult Art Class: Montclair Art Museum Yard School of Art, Montclair
- Favorite Visual Arts Camp: Montclair Art Museum’s SummerART Camp, Montclair
- Favorite Performing Arts Camp: Jazz House Kids Summer Workshop, Montclair
- Favorite Downtown Arts District: Montclair
“The thousands of fans who come out and vote every year for their favorites are further proof that the arts matter in New Jersey,” Allison Tratner, executive director of the State Arts Council, said in a release.
For detailed results and more information, visit JerseyArts.com/PeoplesChoice.
The JerseyArts.com People’s Choice Awards are coordinated through the Discover Jersey Arts program, a cosponsored project of the New Jersey State Council on the Arts and the ArtPride New Jersey Foundation aimed at increasing the awareness of and participation in the arts.
About JerseyArts.com and Discover Jersey Arts
JerseyArts.com is the official website of Discover Jersey Arts, a cosponsored project of the ArtPride New Jersey Foundation and New Jersey State Council on the Arts dedicated to increasing the awareness of and participation in the arts in New Jersey. The site features a comprehensive cultural event calendar and arts directory; feature stories, videos and podcasts; details on Jersey Arts Membership, including discounts and exclusive member events; an online gallery of New Jersey artists; and other content about the state’s cultural community.
About the New Jersey State Council on the Arts
The New Jersey State Council on the Arts, created in 1966, is a division of the NJ Department of State. The Council was established to encourage and foster public interest in the arts; enlarge public and private resources devoted to the arts; promote freedom of expression in the arts; and facilitate the inclusion of art in every public building in New Jersey. The Council receives direct appropriations from the State of New Jersey through a dedicated, renewable Hotel/Motel Occupancy fee, as well as competitive grants from the National Endowment for the Arts. To learn more about the Council, visit artscouncil.nj.gov.