The Township Council approved a $4,859,950 bond for school district-wide capital projects at its meeting Tuesday night, Feb. 19.
The list of repairs includes:
- Security improvements district-wide;
- Pre-K: heating plant repointing/bunker structure, improvements to the ground floor and the acquisition of playground equipment;
- Edgemont Elementary School: cornice repair, concrete step repair and walkway repair at the Annex;
- Hillside Elementary School: masonry repointing and step repair;
- Nishuane Elementary School: masonry restoration and waterproofing;
- Northeast Elementary School: masonry repointing at the front entrance;
- Watchung Elementary School: replacement of the chair lift;
- Buzz Aldrin Middle School: cornice repair, east parking lot repair and front step repair;
- Glenfield Middle School: kitchen make up air system, gym floor refinishing and cupola replacement;
- Renaissance Middle School: completion of the retaining wall;
- Montclair High School George Inness Annex: gym rear stair replacement and balustrade repair and masonry work;
- Montclair High School: masonry restoration and waterproofing and stair fire door replacement, and elevator cab replacement; and
- Athletics: athletic field reconditioning at the Renaissance Middle School and turf field replacement at Watchung Elementary School.