The Montclair Department of Health and Human Services, HOMECorp, and Montclair Community Farms are offering ways to community garden and public workshops in Montclair.
All public workshops sponsored by the New Jersey Healthy Communities Network are $15 per person for non-members, free for Community Gardeners of Miller Street. Workshops are led by Master Gardeners of Essex County and community professionals. List of 2019 workshops below. Full details and locations available at montclaircommunityfarms.org/calendar.
- Sustainable Health & Beautiful Bodies (Feb. 22)
- Canning and Preserving with an Expert (March 22)
- Flowers: Start a Cutting Garden (April 5)
- Start Your Gardens Workshop! (May 18)
- Gardening for the Butterflies! (June 14)
- Greater Grains: Cooking with Alternative Grains (July 26)
- Leafy Greens for All Seasons (Aug. 23)
- Tours Colonial Herb Garden in Bloom (Sept. 27)
- Succulents & Terrariums (Oct. 25)
- Drying Herbs, Spices & Veggies (Nov. 15)
- Healthy Holiday Cooking Party (Dec. 13)