Free First Thursday at MAM will take place on the second Thursday of the month, Feb. 8, 5-9 p.m., to spotlight the new special exhibition “Kay WalkingStick: An American Artist.”
Among the activities: live music in the galleries with Bern & The Brights, Montclair-based electro dream pop duo.
- For Black History Month, tours of African American artists now on view in the Museum’s permanent collection
- The Yard School of Art offers a Draw Along Workshop afree drawing session with a clothed model and guided art instruction for all ages.
- New! Teen Space welcomes teens with a free open studio, 7–9 p.m.
- New! Capture the fun with an official MAM photo to share on social media.
- New signature cocktails, wine selections, and NJ Beer Co. beer, the exclusive beer of Free First Thursday Night, at the bar in partnership with Krug Catering at Orange Lawn Tennis Club. Museum members receive a discount on drinks at the bar.
- Featured food vendors, including the Empanada Guy food truck.
In addition to the regular monthly program, featuring free general admission, live music, art activities and tours, the museum will also offer the premium MAM After Hours experience, Art Meets Jazz with Oliver Lake, from 7 to 9 p.m. (This part of the program is not free.)
New attractions include a Teen Space, with a free open studio, from 7 to 9 p.m., and an official MAM photo to share on social media. Free First Thursday Nights will be back to their regular schedule March 1. For more information, visit montclairartmuseum.org.