- A full or queen size mattress and boxspring (with metal bed frame if available)
- One rug – minimum 8 x 10
- Three sets of full or queen sized sheets (fitted sheet, top sheet, and two pillowcases)
- One full or queen size bedspread or duvet with duvet cover
- One full or queen size blanket
- Two pillows
- A loveseat or small couch -big enough to seat two people
- A desk lamp
- A coffee table
- Two nightstands
- A cabinet to hold linens – no bigger than 34″ high and 42″ wide
- One frameless full length mirror for back of door
- Silverware – enough for 4 people
- One rug – 4 x 6
Also, a few curtains need to be sewn. If you are handy with a sewing machine, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
According to the release, for potential donors who may have any items on this list, photos and (in the case of furniture) dimensions should be emailed to email@example.com. If the item is needed, someone will respond to discuss details regarding picking up or having the item dropped off.
Members of the Montclair Sanctuary Alliance include Bnai Keshet, First Congregational Church and the Unitarian Universalist Congregation at Montclair, Rabbi David Greenstein, of Shomrei Emunah and The Rev. John Mennell of St. Luke’s Episcopal Church. The MSA will host undocumented immigrants on the third floor of Red Gables on South Fullerton. Those in the MSA will accompany immigrants to their meetings with ICE (Immigrants and Customs Enforcement), and provide a rapid response team for those who are arrested suddenly.